Your Ad Here
0 Plus Temp Mail Service 777 Store Service

2010年12月31日 星期五

Comcast was my $ 132,683

This is a guest post by Carl Hendley of Primorska fool. He is replacing Robert Brokamp, Primorska strangers wizard rule your retirement. Brokamp usually contribute a new article on access to slowly rich every two weeks, but he had courage to take holiday holidays so that is filling in Hendley.

$ 132,683 – this is how I'm paying for cable. Now I have HBO show and 386 lineup of digital bliss, but $ 132,683!? Please. This is a billing error? Not exactly.

Recently I came across John Henson stupid book good Bad debt, debt. In it, he notes:

If you have 40 years of age, every $ 100 a month continuously, cost you more than $ 132,000 sixty-five years of age. Said differently, invest 100 $ a month for 25 years (forty to sixty-five ages for example) in the mutual fund or other investment in only 10% and you will have $ 132, 683.It costs $ 132,683 for cable TV with premium channels?

Now, I really like the walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, and (I don't think I'm going to cop this) Real housewives of Orange County, New York, or other municipality, which honours the elective surgery and afternoon cocktail parties. But I like them $ 132,683 worth? I do not think.

Paradebt
My monthly account Comcast is just one example of what Hanson labels "paradebt". This is long, which goes beyond the traditional "on loan now and pay later" variety as invoicing, car payment or student loan. Henson wrote paradebt or "debt" is almost the cumulative effect of all of your monthly costs nonessential. "of course, these are services you can cancel and Yes, these paradebts do not come with the interest rate, but they come at a cost. Obligation is an obligation.

But what for? My health?
Do not say I plan to do away with all the elements that make up my paradebt. Can I pay $ 33 a month to go to the gym. Yes, this is paradebt, and Yes, could I get the same benefits with a pair of Najkove and chin up bar. However, I want to remain healthy and perhaps lived several years longer. (Plus I'm a drive for 1995, with 170,000 miles and broken neck-I need help can I get.) So I can choose to allocate money to all in my first gym.

The key is that I'm consciously deployment that capital. I know that my $ 33 a month membership will cost me about $ 40,000 for retirement if I can achieve the 10% return on my investment. This is good. I would like to spend $ 40 000 to feel better and perhaps more. Watch host go shopping for $ 130,000? This is a different matter entirely.

Under the knife
Now I am not a doctor, but I am certain that Real housewives are strangers will not scalpel. (For those of you who are familiar with the show, this is not a reference to their abilities as doctors) And while the other will allow to evaluate the results of time under, knife, I will, that we can learn from their efforts fasoniraneto fat.

With the new year, only a few days, I am in the process of creating my financial goals for the year 2011. I too just like host is planning to make some cuts. This should not be major surgery. I'm just looking to deploy better few dollars here and there. Since I do not owe nothing on my credit cards and car is paid (e Honda Civic 1995 with a busted door, remember), I am overcoming my paradebt, starting from the Comcast bill of $ 130,000. Not only is $ 130 K a lot of money for me, it appears, you can get without doing anything other than calling my cable company.

Even if John Henson is wrong and I do not make 10% of my money is still strong. If I do only 5% return on my cable savings, I would still net $ 60,000 at retirement. Not as much as $ 132,000, of course, but it is not enough to give me a few dozen channels of law and order reruns.

Later in the list is a Bill To my AT&T., unlimited text messages is large, but methinks I could do with less LOLs in my life.

And finally, I plan to look at all of these subscriptions, which shall be automatically renewed each year. Cup of economists, the New York Times and New Yorkers that appears on my door each week can feel smarter (even as they go largely unread), but costs added.

And trade off? I figure that switch, cable for Netflix, unlimited text messages drop my reading online and this will free up about $ 100 per month, or as John Henson would, $ 132,683 for my retirement.

What to say? How can you cut your own paradebt in 2011? Even more important that any proposals to deal with my upcoming TV download?

This article is for Budgeting, choice, frugality


View the original article here

沒有留言:

張貼留言