Your Ad Here
0 Plus Temp Mail Service 777 Store Service

2011年1月25日 星期二

Reader story: Fresh Start the path to prosperity

This post from Louise Rogers is part of the function of "reader stories" getting rich slowly. Some stories contains general advice; others are examples of how a GRS reader achieved financial success — or failure. These stories feature folks from all levels of financial maturity and with all types of income. Previously, in GRS, Louise told us what is to be even better than enough.

"You might have a prosperous new year!" says goes. Although I never been worse, some of my lifelong habits would certainly make you wonder. Until recently, my sense of financial wealth never does not match the contents of the me his purse. Now, I feel a sense of prosperity, and it came to the only because of very solid, purposeful change on my side – the type of change that talk about as we upload new year.

I'm naturally frugal – or is that cheap? I am called both. In both cases, I don't have problems with staying in my limits. I am a man, who can order credit card of any airline that offers 25 000 on miles and stash the unused maps in my drawers, while I happily fly the friendly sky. My husband teases me that until I earn after you actually got the money, I have little desire to it. (He spent it for me!)

But the downside of my particular brand of frugality is stinginess, which comes with it. Do not say this is true for all types of frugal, but generosity is not my strong suit. I'm working on this "issue" (as to say these days) for some. Over time I began to sense that before I can find my generosity gene is still one step, I needed to be taken.

Coming clean
has a long history of stealing food from supermarkets Started as a teenager in 1959 to 1969. And what? Many people steal during adolescence, right? Yes but only stopped a few years ago and I am a, um, 59.

I used to open the package of Oatmeal Cookies in the supermarket, eat a handful, then hide unfinished container on the back of the shelf behind other objects. I snatched food from bin-and not just occasional grape musts. Will hide the fat mounds of chips or dried figs or sesame sticks in my hands and munch them as I wheeled my cart around the store. Before leaving the supermarket, I will go back for more-PA a few handfuls, rapid, stealthily, before an employee can catch me in the Act.

Oddly enough, until a few years ago, I never called this "stealing".

Now I belong to 12-step program, and one of the steps he says to "make direct amends to such people we had harmed wherever possible, except in cases where it would injure them or others." since very long conversations with my sponsor decided to recover the money I owe for food, I'm taken. Some of the stores are located in other parts of the country (in fact the world), or even no longer exists. So my efforts were imperfect. But I've tried.

This mathematics
I calculated estimates of amounts due and accrued accounts of $ 30 or more of the store owner or Manager of customer service. They do not always make it easy for me. Sometimes you'll find yourself Standing at the Office of business, fumbling over words to me, wondering how to explain my odd request, such as the interruption of me, and implies that "look, don't worry about it. We assume some samples, is part of our pricing structure. ”

"Yes, I understand," I will say, but not too much trouble, I would appreciate it if, however, will accept my money. "Knew that it was the right thing to do for the stores, but only partially do this for them; ultimately, I do this for me, so I can walk around as a regular person and not feel like a thief.

Yes, this is embarrassing, but at least I spoke with strangers – except in the case where the store was actually a client of mine. I had given management seminars in their supervisory staff. I saved this repayment until the end. But as my sponsor, pointed out the objective of this activity is not for me squirm and feel as yucky as soon as possible. Must not be humiliate themselves and to talk about my immediate customer. In the end, the staff I spoke to even ask my name.

The main part of the steal, I did participate in food. But I also sometimes have snuck in the back entrance to the health club, so that could work without using up one of my day passes. I restored health club, too.

Personal influence
After the return of money, I felt lighter, had physically lost a few pounds. And I felt lighter, for money, too. Which is odd, since I had little money refund from had had before – not huge amounts, but still a little less. Once made me feel anxious, still now I felt more relaxed.

Commemoration this with my sponsor, I realized that for many years I had a basic belief that the world owed me. For this reason, I felt like I should not rest on the same rules as other folks.

Note: Louise Treaty not only one to have encountered this feeling. Classic novel of crime and punishment of Dostoyevsky is everything for a person with one and the same point of view.

Why had this faith? A good question. In my 30 's and I spent many hours creating therapy Commemoration why I felt, "due." Just remember, blaming the usual suspects – my mother, my father, my childhood. But even after all that therapy was unable to tell where exactly this belief today came from, and frankly I don't care anymore. These days, I pay attention to this when it kicks into gear, but happily — perhaps because it is not already steal-me much more.

Current activity
Since my debts, I'm uslov5ia noticed that the real opportunities for generosity shown frequently. For example, I often visit a neighborhood coffee shop and a daily paper of the stack. I used to my mug and teabag and pour hot water yourself from isolated jug to avoid payment of USD 2.50 for a cup of tea. Recently, I thought about all the time, I had sat mass without contribution. (I) to one of the owners, whom I knew. I transfer $ 20 Bill, I would like to give something to my use of the site, from time to time. "Great!" she said. "That will help pay for wifi."

Incredible is how good I felt this all day. I is free! Free we hang out and read the newspaper without feeling sneaky. Will give her another $ 20.

My niece graduated from high school this year. I worried about whether to send it to the graduation examination because it couldn't remember if I gave my husband and her elder sister and brother checked when they graduated. Then it was definitely cheaper. Was fair in respect of gifts and not others? Finally I decided, whether it happened or not happened before it was better to err on the side of generosity. I wrote the check.

They may sound like big steps for some of you; I'm still work in progress, in the case of generosity. But my heart is open and want to be more favourable. Perhaps this is the biggest change. In the darker side of frugality gets lighter with each step.

reminder: this is the story of one of your fellow readers. Please be Nice after more than a decade of blog I have thick skin, but it can be scary to put your story public for the first time. Remember that this guest author is not a professional writer and was just training for the money you have. henceforth unduly Nasty comments about readers stories will be removed or edited

This article is about frugality, psychology, reader stories


View the original article here

沒有留言:

張貼留言